2 tbsp cocoa powder
250g + 4 tsp caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla essence
150g + 2 tbsp plain flour
100g dark or milk chocolate chips
200g white and pink marshmallows, chopped
400g icing sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
15g butter, softened
- 1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a shallow 23cm/9inch square tin, leaving some baking paper over the edges so it is easier to remove.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter with the cocoa and sugar over a low heat until just melted, then remove from the heat and leave to cool. Once cool add the eggs, vanilla essence, flour and chocolate chips and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. Pour the mixture into the tin.
- Bake in the hot oven for 15-20 minutes or until the edges of the brownie are firm and the middle is still moist. Remove from the oven and leave the brownie in the tin to cool completely.
- For the topping, place the icing sugar and cocoa in a bowl and make a small well in the middle. Place the butter in the well and pour over 2 1/2 tbsp boiling water. Stir until the butter has melted, then continue stirring until the icing is of spreading consistency, adding about another 2 1/2 tbsp water as required (make sure to use immediately).
- Stir the marshmallows into the shiny chocolate icing until they are well coated then spread the mixture evenly over the top of the brownie. Leave the icing to set for 30 minutes, then cut the brownie into 12 squares.
|Heat the butter, sugar and cocoa until melted|
|Add the eggs, vanilla essence, flour and chocolate chips and mix until combined|
|Once mixed pour into tin and bake for 15-20 minutes|
|You can tell where it's not baked properly.. oh dear haha! Leave to cool|
|Make the icing and add it on top, leave to cool for 30 minutes|
|Or realise it's not baked so put it back in the oven to achieve this masterpiece :')|
These come out sooo sweet, which coming from me means they are extremely sweet! I'd maybe use less sugar orr.. like half :') or eat less I guess XD I think it's pretty much impossible to eat loads at once, which I can't decide whether that's a good thing or not :') I also didn't bake it enough :') because I'm an idiot haha! And we have a weird oven so I'm just going to blame it on that XD We probably could have just left it as it was but it was falling apart and oozing everywhere so we decided to put it back in the oven.. after it had completely cooled down and I had the icing on :') I baked it for another 15 minutes so it's a bit better, but the marshmallows have completely melted so it looks like a gooey mess XD It tastes really nice though haha! Although there are probably 100 million calories in it :')