Hey everyone! This weekend one of my close friends came round and we decided to do some Christmas baking, After spending forever on Pinterest I thought we could just make some cupcakes that I knew were good and then decorate them all christmassy ish XD Obviously everything had to go wrong haha! First one of my eggs was off so it spoiled the other one and I had to borrow 2 eggs from the neighbours, I didn't have a muffin tin, so it was too shallow and the cupcakes spread open. Then when I was taking the cupcakes out of the oven I squished 2 with the oven gloves :') Then my electric mixer broke.. and then when I was trying to pipe the bag split so we did it with a knife :') They still turned out really tasty in the end though XD
Ingredients: Makes 12
For the Cupcakes:
125g butter, softened
100g caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
125g self raising flour
2tbsp cocoa powder
100g white chocolate chips
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
For the Icing:
225g icing sugar
3tbsp cocoa powder
25g butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4 and line a muffin tin with cupcake cases.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy then gradually whisk in the eggs.
- Sift the flour and cocoa together and fold into the butter mixture with white chocolate chips, milk and vanilla essence.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the cases and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cakes are firm to the touch.
- Leave to cool completely before icing.
- For the icing: sift the icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl, stir in the butter and enough milk to make a creamy consistency.
- Ice and decorate and then enjoy! :)
|Whisk together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy|
|Add the eggs|
|We added the vanilla essense and milk now|
|Sift together the flour and cocoa powder|
|Combine everything together|
|Add the white chocolate chips and mix with a spoon|
|Spoon the mixture evenly into 12 cases|
|Bake for 12-15 mins or until firm to touch (we did 25 as my oven is stupid XD)|
|Make the icing|
I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend and let me know if you give these a try! :)
I have a new New Look Haul up if you wanted to give it a watch, I need to stop going shopping haha! :)