Happy Easter Everyone! :)
Hope you're all enjoying the Easter break! I've been munching on these cupcakes, especially for breakfast XD So here's the recipe! :)
For the cake:
115g caster sugar
2 large eggs
115g self raising flour, seived
1 tablespoon cocao
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For the Icing:
1-2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon cocao, heaped
225g icing sugar (less 1 tablespoon), seived
100g mini eggs, for decoration
|Whisk the butter and add sugar|
|Add the eggs|
|Weigh out all the flours and mix them together|
|Add the 'flours' to the mixture|
|Whisk it all together|
1. Preheat your oven to Gas Mark 5.
2. Mix all of your cake ingredients together in a bowl for a few minutes. I like to whisk butter first, then add sugar, then eggs, and then all the floury stuff (flour, cocoa and baking powder).
3. Spoon the mixture into the cases. It roughly makes 18-20 paper cases and 12-14 muffin cases.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
5. Leave the cakes to cool.
6. Mix all of your icing ingredients together. It doesn't look like enough but it just about covers them with no leftovers! (cutting it a bit close XD)
7. Spread or pipe the icing onto the cupcakes to make a little nest and add your mini eggs.
Tadaaa! You now have little Easter cupcakes! Enjoy! Have a lovely Easter Sunday :)