I'm finally home for Christmas! It's so nice being back and seeing my family again! And having a nice warm house and all the other home comforts :)
I decided to make these Lemon Butter Biscuits as they're a favourite of ours that we make once in a while :) I didn't think to double the recipe straightaway (something we always do with English recipes) oh and I was lucky as they rose and luckily they didn't merge together. They're super quick and easy to make and you can have fun with whatever shapes you have, I decided on stars, hearts and flowers :)
175 plain flour
Lemon (rind and juice)
- Whisk the butter and sugar together.
- Sift in both flours (who even sifts) and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Add in zest or lemon (you could probably try with orange instead)
- Roll out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Cut shapes and put on a baking tray
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and firm to touch.
- Take out of oven and leave to cool down.
- Mix icing sugar and lemon to make icing, I did it roughly, so some of the icing was a bit runny XD
- Drizzle icing on your biscuits or decorate accordingly.
- Tadaaaa! You may now eat your biscuits!
These are so simple and so light and it's easy to eat 10 at once XD You can find other recipes I've shared here :)