Sunday 17 September 2017

*Bourjois Rouge Velvet Lipstick #VelvetTheLipstick

Bourjois Rouge Velvet lipstick voxbox review swatches

Hey everyone! I hope you're all well! I've had quite a busy week, my work colleague left for maternity leave on Friday so I was in charge of organising a card and collection to buy her some leaving presents, I hope she liked them! And then I tried to make a cherry cake and stupidly used plain flour instead of self raising flour XD But the good news is that I have finally finished crocheting her baby blanket, and it looks so cute if I can say so myself XD



Today I am going to review these *Bourjois Rouge Velvet Lipsticks that I was very kindly sent through Influenster as part of their #VelvetTheLipstick campaign. I was very lucky to receive all 12 shades and I thought I would give my opinion on them all. Overall I'm actually really impressed with them, the shades are very pretty and they do last for ages even through eating and drinking and they fade nicely so you don't have to worry as much about reapplying :)


Price wise, they cost £8.99 which isn't too bad! Although I personally would wait until there's an offer on such as 3 for 2 etc because I love using deals like that when buying new makeup XD

Packaging wise, I like that they outside reflects the shade of the lipstick which makes choosing easier however, they are a pain to open. I guess it's good because you know that it won't fall off in your handbag but I think it's a bit excessive and you have to be careful that it doesn't pop off and you damage the lipstick with your reflex response (maybe it's just me haha!)


Shades wise, I think they're all really nice shades although quite a few are quite pink based which I personally don't think really suit me but there are a few which I quite like. The pigmentation of the lighter shades is okay, shades 2 and 6 are a bit meh but from 7 onwards the pigmentation is great :)

I think they smell pleasant and don't have any weird scents. When you're putting them on they're very soft and creamy before drying matte and they aren't drying in my opinion :) The applicator is slightly curved which I haven't seen before but I think it works as it follows the shape of your lips quite nicely :)



The first 4 shades are the nudes and pinks. I'm personally not too keen on these as I don't think they suit me but I'm sure they would look lovely on others :) Shade 2 I don't like the pigmentation and the way it sets on your lips, I think it looks a bit bitty :) Shade 3 is probably the one I like the best out of the first 4 :)

Shades 1-4

Shades 1-4

Shades 5-8 are more red based. Shade 5 could work as a bit more of a daring day lipstick or it could be a more muted evening shade. Shade 6 is actually very bright in person, unfortunately I couldn't get the colour to portray itself properly on camera. I also think it has the most disappointing pigmentation. It is a really pretty coral colour though. 
I love the pigmentation of shade 7, it's a lovely red and shade 8 is really nice too although it's a bit darker in person :)

Shades 5-8

Shades 5-8 (shade 6 is a much brighter coral in real life and shade 8 is a bit deeper in real life)


Shade 9 is a very bright Fuschia, I love this colour (it's brighter in real life) although I personally wouldn't wear this shade as I don't have the confidence and I think it looks weird on me XD
Shade 10 I'm undecided... the colour is much more purple and vampy in real life but I feel like it isn't one uniform colour and it makes me a bit uneasy XD
Shade 11 is lovely and it's a classic berry red. It's not as creamy to put on as the other shades but it's still really nice I think :)
And finally shade 12 is a brown colour which I think would be really good for Autumn, although again I'm not sure how much I personally would wear it as I like to stick to safer colours :)

Shades 9-12

Shades 9-12 (Shade 9 is a brighter pink in real life and shade 10 is a bit more purple in real life)



So overall I actually really like these lipsticks and if there is a 3 for 2 offer on makeup at Boots or Superdrug I don't think you could go wrong by giving them a try and my personal favourites are 9 and 11 :) Thank you so much Bourjois and Influenster for giving me the chance to try these out! :)

*All of these lipsticks were gifted complimentary of Bourjois and Influenster however, as always, all opinions are 100% my own :)


Snapchat: NevKrstic

50 comments:

  1. I have to try these lipsticks! I love these shades! Thanks for the review and thank you for you're comment, I hope you're well!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like you can never go wrong with red lipstick =o)

    https://dreamofadventures.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty lipsticks! I prefer the nude-pink colors, but the red looks nice too!

    https://styledwithamanda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nr 4 and 9 really suits you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing collection.
    Fantastic colors.
    Have a great new week.

    Love, Esther
    https://lifestyle-tale.com/en/random-facts-lets-get-personal/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so pretty, I tried this brand before and loved it!
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your lips look very pretty in all of the different shades of lipstick! I think my favourites out of these 12 shades might be shade numbers 8 and 10, but they all look lovely.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pinks and reds the most! Good to know their creamy!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Bourjous! Seriously have the best lipstick shades xx

    Nev | Miss Nev

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just want all of these colors, you are so lucky to have them!

    Camila,
    My Vogue Style | www.myvoguetsyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice post Nevena. Shades 4 and 8 are my favs!!!
    Kisses from Italy and thank you for your visit,
    Eni

    Eniwhere Fashion
    Eniwhere Fashion Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG so many beautiful colors, I want them all! :p
    Have a wonderful week :-)
    Olivia <3
    www.oliviaponcelet.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks a lot :D

    amazing collection mu friend.
    love all colors

    NEW DECOR POST | Prepare Your HOME FOR FALL.
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous collection, and you're right about the prices being very affordable. My favourites are definitely the nudes and soft pinks - they really suit you, Nevena! Also, your little heart swatches are SO cute!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful shades !
    Have a great start to your week !
    Nina
    xox
    www.thecrispylipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such great shades of lipsticks !
    I need all theses colors.
    xx,
    Margot
    https://troughthepasturesofthesky.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love these shades! Great pops of color!
    ~Samantha
    http://goldcoastgirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wooow, such cool shades! I want them all! :)
    xx

    http://flashforwards.blogspot.jp/2017/09/its-all-about-pearls.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. wonderful!!!! I need those !

    GIVEAWAY on my blog

    Check out my ♥Instagram ,Bloglovin Google✚

    Stay Gold


    p.s follow for follow ??

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many fun colors! Love seeing them on you too.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  21. My favourite is shade 12. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The lipstick shades looks nice on your complexion.
    Great review dear.

    Much Love,
    Zarrah | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love these photos! These look so good!! x

    www.fromluxewithlove.com
    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/from-luxe-with-love-14590195

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow these are so nice! I actually like all the colours too.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love a good red lipstick! The darker shades look so good on you!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sooo many beautiful colors to try <3
    www.kmeetsstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great colors :)
    Zapraszam na nowy post :)
    http://www.stylishmegg.pl/2017/09/zakiet-w-cekiny.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oooh, I'm loving all these lippies!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for the introduction and the review.
    xx
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_zn7IqrAY1I44bRuN6dH-Q

    ReplyDelete
  30. I agree! I like you also most with 9 and 11! You look nevertheless fantastic with each shade.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. My kind of shades! Love them all.
    ANOUK

    ReplyDelete
  32. Those look so smooth and velvety! The reds look killer on you. I only put on red when I'm feeling VERY festive haha. It makes me crazy when the lids don't come of well too!

    Susie | http://milehighdreamers.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. beautiful colors! they all look good on you! ;)

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net

    ReplyDelete
  34. What amazing colours - great review! Have a fantastic weekend!

    Miriam x
    www.londonkitchendiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. So beautiful colors!
    Have a nice day!
    Photographer Gil Zetbase

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh wow so many beautiful lipsticks!! I've also never seen lipsticks with that shape but I like it. You look gorgeous in all the shades darling. I loved numbers 3, 7 and 11. I was gonna say 6 too but I read about the pigmentation and yes, that's not good. But again, great shades!!I loved them!
    xx

    www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. These shades are all so beautiful!

    https://julesonthemoon.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  38. All the colors are very pretty, I would totally wear them!

    xx,
    Tania
    http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. They look lovely!
    I can't pull off pink shades either, they look horrible on me.

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  40. Colors look amazing and you look stunning! :)

    Follow for follow? Let me know on my blog: http://starshinebeauty.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete
  41. I loved the rouge one so much
    bisous

    http://gallech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. The shades are all gorgeous Nev! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  43. WOW! I love the all colors. So perfect... kisses

    Follow for follow? <3

    https://style-ladies.blogspot.rs/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXw5wOAoFsvU_Xj7VU5eSqQ

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wonderful post!
    Lovely hearts inn your arm :)
    Your photos of products are always beautiful!!

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
  45. Heart-shaped swatches! What a cute idea!!! I don't really like lipstick as I can 'feel it' on my lips (if that makes any sense) but I do think it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I use some lipsticks from Bourjois already, but haven't tried this one out. They look fab. and the colors are gorgeaus too! :3

    xx Monia ♡
    www.moniacagnazzo.com

    ReplyDelete