Hey everyone! Hope you're all well! The sun has finally come out in England this past week which has been really nice! So I've been relaxing outside this weekend, although I think it's back to rain tomorrow which I'm not looking forward to!
Today I wanted to share with you a recipe that I've already done before just in the shape of a heart haha! But I liked it and I wanted to do it in the shape of a flower, I hope you don't mind! :)
250g plain flour
100g icing sugar
pinch of salt
2 egg yolks
1. Preheat oven to 170C/ Gas mark 3 (This seems really low so I increased it to 180ish).
2. Mix together the flour, sugar, salt and butter with your fingertips to resemble breadcrumbs.
3. Add the egg yolks and knead to make a dough.
4. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface so that it is 0.5cm thick and cut out your shapes.
5. Cut out the centres to half of the shapes.
6. Bake for 12 minutes (I did 15) or until lightly golden.
7. Place some jam on one side and sandwich them together.
|Mix together the flour, sugar, salt and butter with your fingers.|
|Add 2 egg yolks and knead to form a dough|
|Roll the dough out so that it is 0.5cm thick|
|Cut out your shapes and cut out the centres for half of them (I used a toothpick)|
|Sandwich them together with jam|
These are really quick and easy to make and they taste really good! I hope you all have a lovely week! :)
I also filmed a video where I bake these if you wanted to check it out :)