Hey everyone! Seeing as it's nearing towards Halloween I thought I would do a little baking recipe. I spent days scouring the internet and Pinterest and I even made a pinterest board with ideas but I didn't really fancy any of them. I don't know why but I've been fussy XD I didn't fancy anything with cream cheese and I didn't really want to use artificial colouring etc so I thought I would make a recipe similar to something I've done before but use orange instead of lemon. Also who even makes half of the stuff on Pinterest.. professionals.. how is anyone meant to recreate them! :') I did want to do skeletons but I didn't have anything small enough to pipe the icing so I drizzled it instead and I'm loosely passing them off as mummies haha! :)
75g caster sugar
175g plain flour
Orange (rind and juice)
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4.
- Whisk the butter and sugar together. Sift in both flours, add orange zest and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Roll out onto a lightly floured surface and cut out your desired shapes.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and firm to touch.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool down before moving them or they fall apart (whoopsy!)
- Mix icing sugar and orange to make the icing. I did it roughly until I got a consistency I was happy with.
- Decorate your biscuits and enjoy! :)
So that was my slightly failed attempt at Halloween biscuits haha! They're still really yummy though and so easy to make! Which is why I keep going back to this recipe. Have you made any halloween things? I'd love to see them, they're probably much better than mine haha! :)