Hey everyone! Hope you're all well! Today it is finally sunny for once in England and I wish it would last forever XD I also finally found a little studio flat to move into in a few weeks so now all I need is a new car :') Today's post is a recipe one :) Mum makes a similar Serbian one called 'vanilice' but she had 3 recipes and couldn't remember which one was the best one.. typical :') So I found these similar ones online on BBC and I really liked them as they melt in your mouth and are super yummy :)
250g plain flour
100g icing sugar
pinch of salt
2 egg yolks
raspberry jam (or other jams)
1. Heat oven to Gas Mark 3 (I have a weird oven so did 5).
2. Using your fingers, rub together the flour, butter, icing sugar and salt in a bowl until they look like breadcrumbs.
3. Add the egg yolks and mix to make a dough, roll out onto a lightly floured surface until about 0.5cm thick then cut out shapes.
4. Make holes in half the biscuits using a fluted cutter (whatever that is, I used a toothpick).
5. Put all the biscuits on a baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
6. Using a teaspoon, spoon jam onto the whole biscuits and sandwich with the ones which have holes in them and enjoy!
|Rub together the butter, sugar, flour and salt to form breadcrumbs|
|Add the egg yolks to make a dough and roll out on a lightly floured surface to about 0.5cm thick|
|Cut out shapes and place on baking trays|
|Cut out holes in half, I used a toothpick, it was pretty fiddly|
|Bake for 10-12 minutes and sandwich with jam|
These were so easy to make and came out really tasty! Although you do have to get your hands messy. Also, save the egg whites and then make macaroons or something so you're not wasteful and who doesn't love more cakes XD Let me know if you give them a try! :)