I thought I would share with you a little recipe post today :) I made these cupcakes last week for our anniversary and they're so simple to make! I personally would have preferred them sweeter as I have a sweet tooth so I would recommend an extra tablespoon or two of sugar XD (Catherine thought they were fine)
Ingredients: Makes 6 (We doubled the recipe)
- 55g softened butter
- 55g caster sugar (I'd add more)
- 1 large egg
- 85g self raising flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 55g plain chocolate
- Icing sugar, for dusting
|Mix all the ingredients together|
|Chief mixer, it's a hard job!|
|Spoon half the mixture into the cases, and add the chocolate pieces|
|Cover with the rest of the mixture|
|Bake for 20 minutes at 190C|
- Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas mark 5.
- Put 6 cupcake cases in the cupcake tin.
- Mix together the butter, sugar, egg, flour and cocoa powder in a bowl until smooth.
- Spoon half the mixture into the cases and make an indentation with your spoon.
- Break the chocolate into 6 even pieces and place in the indentation.
- Spoon the rest of the mixture on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until well risen and spriny to touch.
- Leave the cupcakes in the tin for a few minutes to cool down.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve warm.
And there you go! You've made some easy chocolate cupcakes and they're more special due to the melted chocolate in the middle :) To make it more 'anniversary-ey' we cut a little heart out of baking paper and placed it on each cupcake before dusting with icing sugar :) I love recipes where you can just mix it altogether and you don't have to make everything dirty! :)