Sunday, 8 January 2017

2016 Favourites


Hey everyone! I hope you're all well and Happy New Year! I've had quite a good first week back at work so I'm really pleased and I've been cleaning and tidying my flat and trying to become a bit organised this year, so fingers crossed it lasts haha! I thought I would go through and do some 2016 favourites, even though I'm a bit late XD


Overall, my 2016 was good. I feel like I didn't really do much other than work and do so many experiments over and over again, yay for science haha. I had quite a few problems with my health over the last year, my joints kept playing up and I ended up getting a steroid injection into my knee over the Summer. My knee seems to be doing okay for now *touch wood* but my ankles are still being quite annoying. I'm hoping that my immune system will calm down and stop attacking itself soon :') I also had a few flare ups of uveitis in my eyes however that seems to be relatively settled for now and I also found out that I have an asymmetrical jaw and damage to my left jaw joint, which is probably due to my arthritis.. yay :') and then to add to it, I managed to get an allergy to the gloves at work. I'm using hypollargenic ones now but my skin still flares up every now and again. I'm hoping that I won't have all of these silly things this year too, or I guess I'll just be used to them and it will be the same old haha :)

Anyways..

My first highlight of 2016 would be when I went to Prague with my boyfriend Pardis. We had a lovely time and Prague is so beautiful and it's always been on my list of top places to go! We went for a few days which I think was perfect as we were able to see pretty much everything :)

Last year I bought a digital piano for my flat as I wanted to keep practicing when I was away from my piano at home. I found it on ebay from a really lovely elderly couple, they were so sweet and they were selling as they were downgrading so I managed to find something relatively cheap, second hand, and still good for practicing harder pieces :) 
I also got round to filming a few piano songs and I have some more planned for this year :)



A few of my popular outfit blog posts this year included my pink pinafore, tropcial leaf print skirt and my black and white embroidery dress.




Some of my favourite DIYs this year included my painted plant pots, music folder and my Halloween makeup :)





I managed to hit a little personal target of mine on Instagram which was 1000 by the end of the year! And I actually got to 1700 which is absolutely crazy! I've been putting in a bit more effort and it pays off although I do find it hard to be consistent with it some days or even weeks with work and life but hopefully I'll be a bit better this year and I will reach 2000! :)

A photo posted by Nevena Krstic (@nevkrstic) on



I've also been busy with my YouTube channel making videos. It's quite cool to add it to my hobbies and I'm so grateful to have reached 700 subscribers! :) I think one of my favourite videos was my Party Lookbook which I filmed in Pardis' living room, I wish I had his living room haha! :) 


I want to say a huge thank you to everyone that takes the time to read my blog and leave lovely comments, I really do appreciate it! So thank you! I've been blogging for a few years now and I feel like I wouldn't know what to do with my life in the evenings after work if I didn't have this as a hobby XD Sometimes it really gets to me when I haven't got a post ready for the week, or I've run out of photos to use or I'm not happy with how they look. And sometimes I think it's best to take a little break and start again with a fresh mind the following week. But I really enjoy blogging and thinking of new outfits and ideas etc :) So hopefully there will be many more to come this year! :)


Snapchat: NevKrstic


Here is a video basically saying all of 2016 favourites :) 

59 comments:

  1. What a lovely recap. Congratulations on your YouTube subscribers and Instagram followers.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great highlights of 2016!! Congratulations for all these achievements!

    Hope you have a great year!!

    Andrea.

    Seize your Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2017 babe! You had a beautiful year with so many amazing looks.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a great beginning of the year :) I remember some of these photos from last year - looking where you've come! looking forward to more amazing posts this year :)
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post my dear! I wish you wonderful New Year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a lot :D

    Great moment. I wish you all the best in this new year :D

    NEW FASHION POST | Must Haves To Use Until Winter End.
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely throwback !
    xx,
    Margot
    https://troughthepasturesofthesky.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems like your 2016 was nice :) Happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your looks. :)

    http://www.wanderingposh.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Nev, I'm happy to read you are in sum satisfied with 2016. Hopefully everything in the context with your health will be improve in the new year! Love the wonderful review - you are so beautiful!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! Happy 2017!
    ~Samantha
    http://goldcoastgirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad I found your blog last year as you've quickly become one of my favourites, and I'm glad to hear your year was a good one. I loved your DIY plant pot design, very cute and your outfits have inspired me this year too as I've been sorting out my wardrobe too. Happy New Year! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great recap! You have accomplished a lot babe! Happy new year!

    Andreea,
    http://couturezilla.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have been very busy! I like your DIYS.
    Happy New Year :)
    www.whiteandvintage6741.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great!

    ---------------------------
    http://fashionelja.pl

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really enjoyed reading your highlights! Congrats on all your achievements this year and here's to a brilliant 2017! x

    Kate Louise Blogs / Wonderbra Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sorry to hear about your health problems, I hope they won't bother you this year. When it comes to immune diseases, immune system problems and allergies, they tend to calm down with time and as we get older, so I hope this year things run smoothly for you in health department.

    Lovely recap! So great you got to visit Prague, I want to visit it too some day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous piano playing! We have high hopes to buy a real piano when we own a house!!!
    I hope that your health issues sort themselves out.
    You did some lovely DIYs and some really pretty outfits were worn!!! Thank you for another year of being a great blog friend!x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely post!! Hope you have a great year in 2017!!

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow great post
    http://carrieslifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You had so many great looks in 2016!
    Happy New Year
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. You and your pictures are beautiful! :)

    itsnina23.blogspot.ba

    ReplyDelete
  23. You had some amazing highlights in 2016 hun, congrats on your instagram target and good luck with your knee and eyes, sending love and positive vibes for 2017 xx

    www.fashionjazz.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so glad 2016 was a good year for you, though sad to hear about your health issues. I really hope that the pain eases up for you a little this year Nevena :) Also, how lovely you started last year with a trip to Prague with your boyfriend!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a great roundup, I have really enjoyed your blog this year. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great + stylish year you had, babe! Especially love your Halloween makeup- pro work right there!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  27. You look great!

    http://iameleine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. beautiful looks
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks like it's been a great year!! Your piano technique is beautiful!
    Adi xx
    fancycorrectitude.com
    instagram.com/fancycorrectitude

    ReplyDelete
  30. So pretty!


    Eliana,
    https://around-eliana.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely post! I love your very first picture <3 I'm glad you had a good 2016 :)
    xx

    http://flashforwards.blogspot.com/2017/01/starry-pink.html

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great recap! xoxo

    http://www.stylesensemoments.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. So nice that you also play the piano! I have also practised pieces by Einaudi ;)

    ANOUK

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great post! Glad to hear your knee is feeling better and that you had a good 2016 :) I feel like all of 2016 I just worked a lot too haha. Love the photos with this post :D

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great photos!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your style so much! You express yourself creatively that is so fun. I especially love the Prague photos. I defiantly, need to go here :) http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2017/01/street-style-underground.html

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love this post! You are so beautiful :)
    - www.youthofthesun.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great roundup! Congrats on your Youtube subscribers and Instagram followers!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Yay for 2016 being a good year, I know 2017 will be too!

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wonderful recap, you look always so stunning!

    Shopping Girls

    ReplyDelete
  41. You've had an amazing year! I wish you to have a whole new year full of adventures and precious lovely moments, darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. I always enjoy reading round up posts and yours was no exception!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love the post!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. really nice recap!!

    blog: www.fashi0n-m0de.blogspot.it
    youtube: https://www.youtube.com/enricasciarretta-fashionmode

    ReplyDelete
  45. Beauty!

    Federica Di Nardo
    http://federicadinardo.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thanks for sharing so many lovely posts with us last year! :D Looking forward to reading your posts for 2017! Have a wonderful new year Nevena!!

    ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND

    ReplyDelete
  47. lovely posts that you had, Nevena.. as always-beautiful!

    http://jehanmohammad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  48. Nev, it’s never too late...better late than never...hahaha. Great recap. It's lovely you went for a romantic trip to Prague. A gorgeous city :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Your 2016 is so wonderful, Nev!
    You are so beautiful and cute!!!

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
  50. Awesome compilation. My fav is Halloween make up video :)
    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete