Sunday, 10 April 2016

Prague 2016

Prague Vlog Things to do

Hey everyone! I hope you've all had a good week! I've had quite an easy week in labs, I didn't give myself too many experiments to do but it's going to pick up from now on, waah! I've also been trying to get back into gym and I actually went everyday which is surprising XD I've been trying out classes to see which ones I liked so I ended up going to the gym as normal on Monday where I mainly did squats, Tuesday I tried Yoga, Wednesday Pilates, Thursday Zumba and then Friday was in the gym and the main exercise was deadlifts. I'm hoping I can keep some form of exercise going for a while haha as I'm actually very unfit and I have no stamina at all!







In today's post I'm going to talk about my recent trip to Prague, and I apologise in advance for how long this post is going to be XD So I ended up booking a last minute deal over Easter weekend and we flew on the Monday. I found the deal through BA holidays and it was £128 each for flights, 2 nights in the hotel and breakfast both mornings which I thought was a pretty good deal considering it was over Easter. I didn't end up booking transfers from the hotel as I think it worked out as an extra £15 each so we decided to use public transport instead being the students that we are haha. The journey did take about 20 minutes longer but it cost us £3 for a 24 hour public transport ticket so why not XD 

We stayed at the Luxury Family Hotel Bila Labut and the location was really convenient. It was basically on the edge of Old Town and it was roughly 10-15 minutes walk to the Old Town Square. Prague is really nice, the architecture is amazing and I loved the cobbled streets. Everything is also nearby and within walking distance and then there is also public transport everywhere although we preferred to walk around and explore all the tiny streets.







On Monday we decided to go to Old Town to see the Astronomical Clock and all the nearby attractions. I would definitely recommend going there. We originally wanted to go and explore the Jewish Quarter however we were caught in really heavy rain so we waited it out and went for dinner instead. We decided to try traditional Czech cuisine so we got Goulash and Pork with Cabbage. The food is quite similar to Serbian food, but mum definitely makes it better haha! I don't know if it was just an unlucky restaurant choice but the goulash was so salty it ruined it! And I can't say I'm too keen on their "bread dumplings" it's basically the inside of bread with like.. salt and garlic or something.. but not as nice as garlic bread :') Prague is also really lovely in the evening so we walked through Old Town and went to Charles Bridge, where you could see Prague Castle in the background and it looked amazing!










On Tuesday, we had originally planned to go to Prague Castle and explore everything on the other side of the river. Annoyingly.. when we finally made it to the top of the hill we found out that the castle was closed to visitors that day due to State Processions or something.. which was so annoying! I think I'd been on the website about 20 times and I didn't realise that it was closed on Tuesday, in my defense it wasn't on the homepage but on the "How to get here" page :') I guess it wouldn't have been so bad but with all the walking my joints had flared up so by the time I got to the top I was pretty exhausted and my joints had stiffened up :') We ended up going back to the hotel for lunch and a nap so I could rest and then later in the afternoon we basically did a huge circle and walked along the river by the Jewish Quarter, down to New Town and then back to our hotel. So much walking :')





On Wednesday we went back to Prague Castle however this time we got tram 22 to the top XD Originally we had wanted to do one of the tours, especially because as students we pretty much got it for half price so that was the plan, however we were a bit pushed for time and the queue for tickets alone was ridiculously long so we decided to just explore the grounds and have a walk instead of stressing out and trying to fit in all the exhibitions and looking inside the cathedrals etc which was a bit of a shame but nevermind! We then had lunch and set off towards the airport. For lunch we ate at a bakery and we got a selection of sandwiches with different flavours and they were all really nice and cheap! I would also recommend getting "Kokoska Rez" Which is basically.. a layer of biscuit, a mousse/cream filling with marmalade and a coconut macaroon on top.. it tasted better than it sounds haha! :)









Prague Castle

So that was our trip to Prague! I'm so sorry that it was this long! We ended up having 307 photos so I did try to cut it down and squeeze it into a blog post XD I would definitely recommend visiting and I think that 2 nights is plenty to see everything. I think my favourite part was walking through Old Town and through the little streets :) I would also recommend trying Trdelnik with ice cream! I hope you enjoyed this post and have a lovely week! :)


Snapchat: NevKrstic



I also did a little travel vlog if you wanted to give it a watch :)

50 comments:

  1. Wow, Prague looks amazing!! Lovely photos :) x

    Nev | Miss Nev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great lovely photos!! I went last Summer and I posted photos of the city too. Your trip bring me beautiful memories! :) the city is fabulous, isnt it?
    xxx
    www.travelera.es

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have completely convinced me that I need to visit Prague asap. It looks so so gorgeously stunning and magical!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive been wanting to visit Prague
    Seems like a great travel adventure

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'm impressed that you could do all those gym works everyday in a week? How I wish I can too! Anyway, these pictures are so nice. I'm jealous that you get to travel with your boyfriend. If only I have one! Hahaha. <3

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA // New Post- Moto Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prague must be amazing! Love your photos!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  7. those pastel toned buildings are so so cute!! cutting down photos for a post after travelling is the hardest thing ever! hahaha really enjoyed all of them :)

    theleeday.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prague is such a great city! Glad you had a good time!

    Ash | Liakada

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so jealous of your trip to Prague! I would love to get there some day! I can't believe the deal you got too! How could you pass that up. Traveling from Canada to anywhere is so incredibly expensive.
    Prague looks like an incredible place to visit! So much history and beautiful places! So glad that you got to see the castle even though it was closed the fist time!

    Rebecca
    http://www.winnipegstyle.ca/Blog/default.cfm

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a beautiful trip! I love Prague... did you have any Czech food? I love the czech knedly dumplings!

    http://www.districthilo.com

    Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous photos. I would love to visit someday.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning shots babe!! Prague is a beautiful city!

    Adi xx
    www.fancycorrectitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These buildings are so pretty, I love the pink ones
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Prague is wonderful! I visited about 3 years ago and I love it! Great photos and video :)
    xox

    http://flashforwards.blogspot.de/2016/04/cherry-blossoms.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photos. I went to Prague 2 years ago and absolutely loved it there.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never been to Prague but now you make me want to visit it. :)

    http://couturecase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, dear Nev, you took really a lot of pictures! Thanks for sharing here so beautiful pictures of Prague - I see this town is definitely a visit worth.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Prague is gorgeous, looks like you had a great time and lovely photos!

    xx Falasha
    Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing photos! Prague looks like it such a beautiful place to explore!

    http://roadesque.com
    http://ourruins.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful!! thanks for sharing!

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great photos! Prague looks amazing!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Prague, amazing pictures my dear :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful photos
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like you guys had an amazing trip! I'm actually planning to visit Prague this summer too :)

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  25. I absolutely love these shots of Prague! Such a great last minute trip to take and I'm sorry the castle ended up being closed; what a bummer. I haven't been to Prague since my trip almost 8 years ago; now I'm missing it all over again. <3

    JennifHsieh

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous Prague shots- thanks for sharing!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, how beautiful!
    Thanks for leaving such a darling comment on my blog!

    Have the best week ever,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  28. I was in Prague in the summer, fall in love with this city <3

    http://fashionelja.pl

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love reading travel diaries and this one was no exception - Prague is still on my 'to visit' list! You did very well to fund both travel and accommodation on a budget, you find the best deals Nevena! You look lovely in these photos and wow, the city's architecture is stunning :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Amazing city. I definitely want to visit it one day. xx
    Nina
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your coat darling!!! Great pictures :)
    Kisses from Portugal

    Blog Denise de Assis
    Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  32. The city views and sights are amazing!

    God bless,

    XO, Claire

    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful photos! I'd love to visit Prague one day.

    www.mylifeasmilitza.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. wow great pics, Need to see that beautiful City
    http://carrieslifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I absolutely love these pictures! must have been amazing seeing all this in person
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. This city is so romantic ;)

    xx

    Mónica Sors

    MES VOYAGES À PARIS

    NEW POST: STRIPED PANTS

    ReplyDelete
  37. great travel..i am jealous, Nevena..

    http://jehanmohammad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  38. I don't think I will sign up for gym this Spring, but I will do more hiking for sure, I love wandering across hills that really relaxes me ( I'm not it enough to climb a mountain so hills will have to do for me):):)

    Anyhow, so cool you tried so many different exercise. Will you select one of them or a few? ...or are you going to combine them all? That sounds challanging:)...but I'm sure you'll find out what works best for you.

    Journey to Prague? How lovely! You found a good deal. You know I always wanted to visit this city...and even more now that I have seen your fabulous travel post. Good job!

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  39. thanks a lot, my dear :D

    you look so comfortable and your photos are amazing. :D
    Perfect place to visit :D

    NEW OUTFIT POST | Rail Station
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  40. Prague must be a gorgeous city <3

    The Cutielicious
    http://www.thecutielicious.com
    Federica

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful photos, I'd like to go there!! :)

    http://julesonthemoon.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  42. Prague is such a wonderful place, and you made me wanna go there right now! Thank you for sharing his trip with us, sounds like you had a great time! Have a wonderful day!

    xo, Esther

    http://bubblesther.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. This city is like a dream! So so beautiful! It's on my "to visit list" for quite some time now.
    The photos are so beautiful ;)

    http://thewonderfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh Nevena, it looks so beautiful there! The architecture is incredible!! That's a great price esp for BA and over Easter!!! I'd love to go to Prague. My husband spent lots of time there with his ex (who was from there!) so sadly he's not that bothered about going!

    ReplyDelete