Wednesday, 28 October 2015

Dinner at the Hilton Hotel Southampton Review

Hilton Hotel Southampton Review

Hey Everyone! Hope you're all well! Last weekend for date night we went to the Hilton Hotel in Southampton for dinner and I thought I would do a little food review for you all. We bought the dinner through Groupon as they had a deal which was 2 courses for 2 people for £19 which isn't bad at all! The food was quite nice although I personally wouldn't pay full price for the meals :)




When I saw the Groupon deal I was quite excited and my expectations were quite high as it all sounded quite fancy. The Hilton Hotel in Southampton is basically just before you go on the M3 and it has quite a big car park, luckily we didn't have to pay as we were just visiting for dinner but otherwise that would have been a pain XD From what we saw the hotel looked lovely and grand and it was quite big. We arrived a bit earlier so we explored and took a few photos before being seated next to the ginormous bay windows with a garden view :)




As it was two courses each we decided to share a starter and a dessert and get a main each so we could try everything. The food did sound good but it seemed like for every option there was one thing which sounded a bit odd and we weren't sure if it would work or I'm just a massive fusspot :)

For our starter we got the 'Salt and Pepper Squid with Sweet Chilli Sauce' (£6.50) which we both loved and we actually wish that we just ordered a few and that was our meal XD There was a really good layer of batter and a nice sized portion of squid so they weren't being stingy. I'd say it was up there with the nicer ones I've had so I would recommend it :)




For our mains I made a rubbish choice :') Typical haha! There were a lot of fish dishes and I usually play things safe and go for chicken but I thought I would risk it so I got the 'Seared Sea Bream with spiced aubergine, tomatoes and potato crush, kachumber' (£15). It wasn't too bad but it did feel like something was missing from it.. maybe lemon or I don't know.. stronger seasoning or something to counter balance the fish or maybe a better side salad.. I don't know :') So I ate it but I wouldn't recommend it, even though it's the chefs special :) Looking at the menu again I wish I went for the Grilled Sea Bass.. silly me :)
Pardis picked a better choice and he went for the 'Chicken Supreme Burger with grilled bacon, avocado, cream cheese, chicory with skin on fries' (£13) I really liked his chips and he demolished his whole meal pretty quickly :)

Hilton Hotel Southampton Review Burgers Main Meal Chicken


Hilton Hotel Southampton Review Fish Main Meal Sea Bream

Finally for dessert we went for the chocolate tart with Shortcrust (£5.50). We both really enjoyed the dessert although Pardis wasn't too keen on the crust.the tart itself wasn't too sweet but the chocolate was nice and thick and it actually went quite nicely with the icecream. I think the icecream and honecomb was my favourite part about it, it was so yummy! :)

Hilton Hotel Southampton Review Dessert Chocolate Tart Ice cream


So that was my experience of dinner at the Hilton Hotel. It wasn't too bad, it's probably my fault for picking a bad main so I felt like it let the meal down a little bit.. And for £19 for both of us it works out quite well! I would recommend the squid and all of their desserts sounded really nice! Their staff were also really lovely and they were very attentive even when it got busier which I really liked. It was also nice to go somewhere a bit fancier for dinner :)


107 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. DEAR NEVENA,
      Next month I'm coming to Southampton for a week kindly can you help me regarding
      muslim''halal' food menu card of hilton hotel southampton specialy fish or BARBQ items.






      Regards,
      Shahnawaz Ahmed

      Delete
  2. I think we all love to go out for a lovely dinner every now and then! This place looks so nice. How awesome that you had a groupon as the price was so great! I think the starter looked fantastic!

    Rebecca
    http://www.winnipegstyle.ca/Blog/default.cfm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the starter! I know, I need to find more Groupon deals! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Restaurant looks very nice, I would afraid that is so expensive ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does doesn't it! I think if you don't find a deal that it is :)

      Delete
  4. Looks like a beautiful night out despite the disappointing main, but the burger really does look incredible haha!

    JennifHsieh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's my fault for picking badly haha! :)

      Delete
  5. Yummy dinner menu, Nev! Tempting for the cake with ice cream right now.
    You two look adorable. :)

    Ira / JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know I want some cake too! :)

      Delete
  6. Mmmm it all looks so yummy, especially the chocolate tart :)

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, the chocolate tart was really good :) xx

      Delete
  7. What a fancy place, looks amazing
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was nice to go somewhere a bit more fancy :) xx

      Delete
  8. Thanks darling :D

    Wooow, so charming place :D

    NEW WISHLIST POST | Halloween plus Black Wishlist
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful place!
    Have a nice day!
    Angela Donava
    http://www.lookbooks.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love purchasing deals at groupon too
    This sounds a great experience

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I need to find some more deals :)

      Delete
  11. wow this is a great dining experience, Nevena!

    http://jehanmohammad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you very much for sharing this awesome post! I like your blog and definitely will follow it to see new amazing content! And I like your style of writing!

    Diana Cloudlet
    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana! That's really sweet of you :)

      Delete
  13. The food looks amazing!

    http://roadesque.com
    http://ourruins.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely place!

    www.fashion-utopia.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. The food looks yummy! Hope you had a great time there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was a really nice evening :)

      Delete
  16. Wow, so fancy! Lovely photos, that place looks awesome!
    xx

    http://flashforwards.blogspot.de/2015/10/baby-its-cold-outside.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was nice to go somewhere a bit more fancy :) xx

      Delete
  17. Looks so delicious! What a great deal. It's totally making me hungry :)

    xx Yasmin
    http://banglesandbungalows.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've always loved the food at Hilton, particularly as they do room service until so late in the night - no matter what time you've arrived to check in, there's always a burger on the menu to enjoy at stupid o'clock haha :) This place looks lovely and your review was great Nevena!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ah that's so handy! It's annoying when you arrive late and the kitchen is closed! :) xx

      Delete
  19. Bummer you didn't end up getting the fish but glad the rest of the meal was a hit! Those desserts look sooo good :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's my fault for picking a bad main! The dessert was yummy though :)

      Delete
  20. the dessert looks really good! what a fabulous location! :D

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hm, I hate it when I don't get the main I should've gotten... I feel like this happens to me all the time, ha! But those apps + sweets look yummy!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! This is why I don't like trying new things as you never know haha! :) xx

      Delete
  22. The food looks so yummy! Amazing photos x

    http://msznev.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful photos.
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't know why, but lately I don't enjoy eating out, there is always something or maybe I'm too picky.
    xoxo
    Ramona

    http://ramona-strikeapose.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean! :) xoxo

      Delete
  25. What a wonderful evening!

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow great pics

    http://carrieslifestyle.com
    Posts online about Amalfi, Rio, Beijing...

    ReplyDelete
  27. It seems really good and I think you have a beautiful night! Have a nice day, kisses (and thank you for your visit),
    Eni

    Eniwhere Fashion
    Eniwhere Fashion Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, so fancy! Nothing better than a nice 3 course menu...

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a classy place! The food looks so good too! :)

    New post on GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    FACEBOOK || BLOGLOVIN || INSTAGRAM || G +

    ReplyDelete
  30. Everything looks so yummy! That chocolate tart looks amazing!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chocolate tart was really yummy :)

      Delete
  31. Amazing photos ! The food looks so yummy !
    Happy friday !
    Nina
    xox
    www.titritmode.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. This hotel looks amazing. I always search for groupon deals too but haven't tried buying restaurant and hotels deals. Good thing you enjoyed your dine :)

    Have a nice day!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I always forget to look but I will have to see if there are more deals! Thank you have a lovely day Shaira! :) xoxo

      Delete
  33. Such a shame that you didn't enjoy your main, I hate it when you pick something different and are disappointed. The dessert does look incredible though... all that chocolate, yum! :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I always seem to do this! The dessert was yummy though :) xx

      Delete
  34. So sorry you were disappointed about the main but I must say it looks delicious what you show here. Also the place seems to be amazing and you look beautiful as usual!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I keep getting emails from Groupon but I have never used, May be I should start have a look when I get them, I may be missing great offers like this :)
    xxx
    www.travelera.es
    Instagram @travelera.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same I always get random emails! I guess sometimes you can find something good :) xxx

      Delete
  36. May be the main wasnt as good but the dessert looks delicious ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dessert was yummy so it made up for the main :)

      Delete
  37. Beautiful location and so lovely time:)

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
  38. Amazing place!
    Have a nice week-end!
    Photographe Gil Zetbase
    http://www.gilzetbase.com/

    ReplyDelete
  39. Amazing place, food looks so delicious. Have a great weekend

    kisses Adela Acanski

    ReplyDelete
  40. I see you had a lovely experience. I agree it would had been better if you had picked sea bass :)but maybe it is because I love fish. Sometimes it is better to play it safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm so silly! Or I should have just got chicken :)

      Delete
  41. Great post just as your all blog. I think that you are an awesome blogger, and I wish you luck in future! Kisses :* If you want, look my blog and follow me if you like it.You can join in giveaway. <3 http://fdiarybyz.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's really sweet of you :) xx

      Delete
  42. Such a romantic dinner! WOW! Sorry to hear that you have picked the wrong main dish. Have a lovely weekend! xo

    www.naomella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely date night! Nevermind, you can't always pick a good one haha. Have a lovely week! :) xx

      Delete
  43. It's too bad you didn't enjoy the main course, the dessert sounds delicious though! Thanks for sharing :)

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the dessert made up for it though :)

      Delete
  44. Seems like you had great evening~!!
    Looks very delicious btw.

    Sugarcandycandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. wow, amazing place! the food looks delicious :D

    ReplyDelete
  46. Great for the price! Cute couple!
    Chichistashan.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  47. Super cute, and the food looks delicious! :) x

    extantmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete