Sunday, 17 May 2015

Exploring Malta with a Minolta X300s

Malta Minolta X 300s DSLR Sightseeing

Hey Everyone! Hope you're all well! I'm busy revising away as I've got all my exams on consecutive days this week.. waah but afterwards I'll have finished forever! And I actually can't wait! Today's post will be a bit different as my boyfriend Pardis will be stepping in and he will be sharing some photos from his recent holiday to Malta! :)

Malta Minolta X 300s DSLR Sightseeing

Malta Valletta Minolta X 300s DSLR Sightseeing
Valletta

































Hello, I’m Pardis, the guy behind the camera. I went to Malta a few weeks ago with a new (really really really old) film camera that I bought over eBay. It's a great place for sightseeing, especially due to the traditional architecture that they've preserved, and we visited some of the forts and markets on the island. I had the film recently processed and the photos turned out great for such a cheap camera so Nev’s asked me to share! Hope you enjoy!
Malta Minolta X 300s DSLR Sightseeing
Red Fort
























This was a fort on top of a hill to the north of Malta that was basically used centuries ago to watch out for pirates and raiders from the sea. I lost my parents on the way to it after making a detour to an abandoned building but found they’d already reached the fort so I thought it’d be the perfect time for a snap (my dad’s at the bottom left).

Malta Valletta Minolta X 300s DSLR Sightseeing
Valletta

Malta Minolta X 300s DSLR Sightseeing

For this shot I was actually just using the viewfinder to have a look at the other side of the island through the camera. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed the ship slowly rolling in and as soon as it came into view of the viewfinder I noticed how cool the red looked against the blue so I rolled the film and pressed the shutter! I think it made for a pretty nice photo with the contrasting colours.

Malta Valletta Minolta X 300s DSLR Sightseeing
Valletta

Malta Minolta X 300s DSLR Sightseeing

Malta Minolta X 300s DSLR Sightseeing
On this day we went to visit one of the markets further to the south of the island. As we got to the end of the market we saw an awesome view of dozens of quirky looking boats littering the water. I only had space for a few more photos on the roll of film but I thought the view was definitely worth it. 

Thank you Pardis for sharing these photos, I hope you all enjoyed the post! The photos came out really cool and actually quite good considering they were done on film! I'm looking forward to going on holiday this summer and relaxing :) I'll be back to posting next week, in the meantime I hope you all have a lovely week! :) 


68 comments:

  1. I have never been in Malta but it is a holiday destination that it has always been in my mind, I'd love to visit it. You got really good pictures!
    Good luck in all your exams x

    www.travelera.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, it's somewhere I want to visit one day, it looks so pretty :) Thank you, I'm finally nearly finished! :) xx

      Delete
    2. Hi! ref your comment on my post, are you doing medical studies?

      Delete
    3. Hey yes sort of, I'm doing Biomedical Sciences :) xx

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your exams!
    This definitely brings me into a holiday mode...

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know I can't wait to go on holiday! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Good luck Nevena!
    I love Pardis' photos- they are so cool- I must visit Malta. I remember a teacher doing an assembly on it when i was about 8 and I always wanted to visit!¬x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kezzie! :) I know they came out so well and so like.. rustic in their own way :) It's somewhere I want to visit one day :) xx

      Delete
  4. wow amazing photos ;)
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow it looks amazing there
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks so lovely doesn't it! :) xx

      Delete
  6. Wow gorgeous! I would love to visit one day!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It looks so lovely I want to visit! :) xx

      Delete
  7. What an amazingly beautiful place! I hope to travel there!

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks lovely doesn't it! Definitely one to add to the list of places to visit :) xx

      Delete
  8. Such a great place to visit
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow these photos are all magical. captured perfectly

    www.thefashionfraction.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was so happy to find out you visited my country! The photos are lovely :)

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I personally didn't but he said it was lovely! Hopefully I will visit one day! :) xx

      Delete
  11. Wonderful places and wonderful pictures :)

    Daniel Wellington giveaway - www.mykindofjoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never been to Malta but I have a few friends that absolutely love it. So desperate for a holiday and these photo's look so, so gorgeous :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah me neither but it looks lovely! I'm ready for summer to be here and so I can go on holiday! :) xx

      Delete
  13. Precious pictures, Malta is a good destination.
    http://desedayrosa.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice place!
    http://befashion31.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice travel. Great photos!

    <3
    http://www.adelaacanski.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't know if it's my imagination but I feel there's a gorgeous retro vibe about these photos, because they were shot on film. They remind me of old holiday snaps from my childhood. In any case they are very cool, and beautiful, and Malta looks amazing. x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! And they look so much better than any 'instagram filter' could do! :) xx

      Delete
  17. I have never been to Malta and thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures!
    Many thanks for your enchanting words on my blog. I like your creative blog and now I want to ask if you want to follow each other?
    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing place and beautiful photos!
    xo, Jane
    http://www.fitfabfunmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful photos!!

    www.tailoredandtrue.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a beautiful place!

    MORNING DREAMS

    Sofia Silva, Kisses*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks so lovely doesn't it! :) xx

      Delete
  21. It looks like your boyfriend had an incredible time in Malta! It looks so beautiful

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm so jealous! I want to go on holiday! xx

      Delete
  22. Love the photos dear!! Malta looks great!!

    http://fashionwalkinbrussels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Malta looks so pretty doesn't it :) xx

      Delete
  23. All the pictures are awesome!! Loved it <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they turned out so well considering it's an old camera! :) xx

      Delete
  24. Wow, these photos are just amazing! You captured the moment. Hope I could travel again soon <3

    Have a great day!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I know I can't wait for my holidays this summer :) xx

      Delete
  25. Great photos!
    I am enjoying watching it :D
    Pls send me a questions on my Q&A new post
    Have a nice day my dear :)
    Isidora
    http://highheelpoodl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous pictures, this place looks amazing.

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it looks lovely doesn't it :) xx

      Delete
  27. VERY Nice!!!

    http://shareasecretmag.com/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow this place looks very historical and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Hopefully I can visit one day :) xx

      Delete
  29. Wow this is such a lovely place to be! Your blog looks so great! :)

    Have a wonderful day!
    xxx
    Bianca

    http://baltisoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm yet to visit Malta, however everyone who visits seems to fall in love with the place! I love the humidity shown in these images too :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard the same! Hopefully I can add it to my list of places I've visited one day :) xx

      Delete
  31. Gosh, I adore these photos! The original film grain is so so beautiful... Thank you for sharing!


    Fashionably,
    Patricia
    http://www.wingsforliberty.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patricia! I know it really adds something to it! :) xx

      Delete