Thursday, 5 March 2015

Our Three Year Anniversary


Hey Everyone! :)

On Tuesday was our three year anniversary! I can't believe how quickly the years have gone by and I can't believe it's been three years already! Luckily Pardis was able to fit in a short visit to Southampton inbetween his lectures and our anniversary celebrations were really lovely!

This year we decided to get a card and chocolates instead of presents :) I got him a bunch of hazelnut filled chocolates as they are some of his favourites and he got me a delicious caramel selection of chocolates from Hotel Chocolat, I loooove caramel, he knows me too well XD

Caramel Selection Hotel Chocolat Chocolate
Caramel Selection Hotel Chocolat Chocolate

On Tuesday we decided to eat out at Pizza Express. I managed to rack up £45 worth of Nectar points that can go towards Pizza Express so we decided to go a bit crazy, as why not! haha :) It wasn't my first choice but it's the only restaurant option they do? Slacking behind Tesco's XD And we thought it would be nice to eat out and technically it was free so we can't complain too much haha! #StudentLiving XD
For starters we picked 'Dough Balls "Pizza Express"' which were delicious as always! We also decided to try 'Leggera Gamberetti Piccante', or prawns in tomato sauce :') We read prawns and were like ooh yeah but when it came looking like tomato soup we were a bit hesitant. It was still nice, quite rich, but I don't think I'd order it again as dough balls definitely win hands down haha!
For our mains we both decided to steer away from pizza so Pardis got the 'Lasagna Classica' and I got the 'Pollo Pesto'. Both were really yummy but I think I prefer ASK's version of the pasta :')

Pizza Express Dough Balls Prawns Garlic Butter
Pizza Express Pasta Lasagne Pollo Pesto

When we got home we decided to make some 'Jungle Juleps'. I think they are currently my favourite cocktail as it tastes like a fruit drink :) To make it I chopped up strawberry, added some mint leaves and a slice of lime. Add vodka (or don't if you want it non-alcoholic). You're meant to add Passoa but Sainsburys didn't have any so I added a dash of passion fruit juice instead and topped it up with apple juice, it's delicious! :)

Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe Melt in Middle Heart Valentines Day

Yesterday we decided to bake some chocolate cupcakes with a melted chocolate centre :) These are so tasty and we demolished a few right away! I'll hopefully have the recipe up in a few days :)

Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe Melt in Middle Heart Valentines Day
Chicken Chorizo Chilli Sweet Potato Wedges BBC Good Food

Then finally for dinner we decided to try Chorizo Chicken with Chilli Wedges from BBC Good Food. It was actually really good and quite simple to make! I think next time we will try it with either mozzarella inside the chicken or Garlic Philadelphia :) We also made a side salad with cucumber, tomatoes and avocado's topped with French Dressing :)

We ate sooo much these last few days and our body weight in chocolate but it was really nice and we ate loads of delicious foods XD Happy Anniversary Pardis! :)


16 comments:

  1. awe happy anniversary
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chocolates look incredible! Looks like you had a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you we did! :) And they're super yummy! :)

      Delete
  3. Aww he's so sweet! <3 Simple celebration like this means the most! <3

    Looking forward to see more of your posts :)

    Have a nice day!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's nice to keep it simple and more personal :) Thank you! :) xxx

      Delete
  4. How lovely, those chocolates look sooo yum!

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. A big congrats to you guys! I love that you decided on gifting each other chocolate beforehand :) And all of that food looks mouthwatering, yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Mhm chocolate is always good! Yeah it was all really tasty! :)

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! Looks like you had a wonderful day!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was really lovely! :) x

      Delete
  7. Happy anniversary! That looks a very tasty dinner and, having given up chocolate for Lent, you had me drooling at the start over those choccies!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Whaat that's so good of you! I could never give up chocolate for lent :') I don't have strong enough willpower XD xx

      Delete