Friday, 27 June 2014

Turkey

 

On Monday, I came back from a super lovely holiday in Turkey. It was the first time my boyfriend Pardis and I had been away together. Being honest I was really apprehensive at first, will we get on for a week? Will we end up killing each other? Will we get bored with it being just us two? Now I don't know why I was worrying so much haha! :) We got on really well, we didn't get bored and we didn't kill each other. It felt so nice just sitting back relaxing, sunbathing, chatting doing things at our own pace and not having to worry or think about things. It was perfect considering how hectic the year had been.


We stayed at Riva Bodrum Resort, overall the hotel was good and we enjoyed ourselves but there were a few hiccups. New management had recently taken over and as our friends said, it was evident that they were having teething problems and that they were a bit understaffed. We had a few problems with air conditioning and house-cleaning but I guess we're both quite laidback so we didn't let small things ruin our holiday. Except for the fact that I managed to change the setting on the camera so all our photos turned out blurry -.- Nevermind I don't want it to ruin our week away.


We became friends with a mum and daughter from Manchester, they were some of the 2 loveliest and friendliest people I had ever met. We just chatted away about everything and they were so easy to get along with! Sadly we didn't swap emails or anything to stay in touch :( but it would be nice if one day we managed to :) They also gave me the prettiest little pendant which was so nice of them, a little golden Turkish eye which they said will mean that I live to 150 and that I will win the lottery, fingers crossed XD


Before holiday I asked my dad and brother if they had any books I could borrow, so my brother lent me 'Cloud Atlas'. On holiday I tried reading it and it was definitely not easy reading! The first chapter was set in the olden days so was just full of old English words, it was too much effort to read on holiday. So instead I swapped books with Pardis and read 'Mornings in Jenin'. It's a really good book and I would definitely recommend reading it, however it was so sad! The book was about the Israeli and Palestinian conflict. It's horrible and upsetting reading about things that go on in the world, so I've lost a lot of faith in humanity :/ Now I need some new books to read over the summer, if you know any good ones let me know! :)

 

So apart from sunbathing, swimming, playing games and crying from the sad book we ate soooo much food! I'm still full thinking about how much food we ate! I swear whenever you go on all inclusive its like a mini challenge to see how much food you can eat XD it's always like, well I've paid for this I might as well eat everything XD It probably wouldn't have been that bad if I hadn't had dessert for every meal XD As the week went on my food baby slowly became a bit more permanent, I was just constantly carrying round a full belly haha! Nevermind it was so worth it! And it's okay because these days I will get back into the gym properly.
Pardis wants to do a personal training course this summer so I've asked him to train me, I've already been to the gym with him a few times and I've been dying for days after, so I guess I'm excited but scared for the continual pain coming up ahead. I'm excited to get stronger and tone up a little bit so fingers crossed it all goes well! Just need to keep it up for next years holiday! :)

Have you been anywhere nice recently? If so link me below I'd love to have a read about your holiday adventures! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment